At a Glance
||In the campus of Kopili Hydro Electric Project (KHEP), NEEPCO, Umrangso, North Cachar Hills, Assam.
||Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (Neepco) Umrangso
KHEP : NEEPCO, P/O: Umrongso,
Dist- N.C.Hills,PIN- 788931, Assam (INDIA)
||+91-(0)3670 - 288267
||From KG to XII (Arts & Science).
|Medium of Instruction :
|Other languages taught :
||Assamese, Hindi and Sanskrit.
||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
|Special patronage :
||Kopili Hydro Electric Project (KHEP), NEEPCO, Umrangso, North Cachar Hills, Assam.
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEEPCO) Umrangso
Besides academics, Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEEPCO) Umrangso has initiated different activities under the aegis of Vivekananda Kendra Shiksha Prasar Vibhag (VKSPV) to help the children develop their inherent faculties. The Vidyalaya also has Yoga and Computer Science in the curriculum.
Unique Features and Best Practices
• The Academic Council has prescribed special classes during school hours especially for slow learners. Modes and objectives of transaction of learning are varied as per the need and aptitude of the students. The Academic Council also closely supervises the progress of the classes.
• Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEEPCO) Umrangso organized Inter-School Football Tournament with the participation of six schools of Umrangso locality. The tournament continued for nine days. The victory trophy was lifted by Sacred Heart High School.
• The violent riots of Dima Hasao (N C Hills) District in 2009 inflicted inhuman sufferings on the humble population of the Karbi and Dimasa tribes in the form of loss of lives and properties. A group of teachers of Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEEPCO), Umrangso visited the trouble torn sites and refugee camps near the district headquarters Haflong to survey and take stock of the insufferable situation of the riot-victims. On the basis of the report of the visit, the Vidyalaya initiated a Help Campaign among its students and people of Umrangso and collected generous donations from the parents and people of the locality. Amassing food materials, necessary clothes, mosquito nets, kitchen utensils etc. worth approx. Rs. 1 lac another team of teachers revisited the refugee camps and distributed the relief materials among the riot-victims.
• Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEEPCO), Umrangso, sent around fifteen girls of Karbi tribe from Borlonglai, Ditur and Govind Nagar villages to Khatkhati, Bokajan, Karbi Anglong, for Vocational Training in weaving.
• In an effort to boost the economy of the poor people of Umrangso area, Vivekananda Kendra provided a financial assistance of Rs. 20000/- as loan on 27 June 2008 to Longbi Singh Enghi to develop a dairy firm.
On completion of 10 years of its glorious service, Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEEPCO) Umrangso organized the first ever Alumni Meet on 11 and 12 January 2011. A total of 43 alumni registered their participation in the meet. The meet had the objective of creating a social network among ex-students of the school so that they can carry out community work from a common platform. Since many former students are well-placed in different premier institutes of higher education, they expressed their interest in guiding the students in matters of career choice and supplying related information. With these objectives, an Alumni Association was formed during the meet.