At a Glance
||On the Tinsukia-Dibrugarh section of the National Highway No- 37 (A.T road) in Laipuli of Tinsukia town, Assam.
||Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Tinsukia
Laipuli, Tinsukia, P/O: Tinsukia P.B.No.62
Dist. : Tinsukia , PIN– 786125 , Assam (INDIA)
||+91-(0)374 - 2318190/ 2311384
||From KG to XII (Arts, Commerce & Science).
|Medium of Instruction :
|Other languages taught :
||Assamese, Hindi and Sanskrit.
||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Tinsukia
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Tinsukia, the oldest Vidyalaya run by VKSPV, has a beautiful campus and provides all the facilities for allround development of the students. The Vidyalaya land then measuring 31 Bighas was purchased from Sri Ramnivas Rasiwasia. Sri Eknathji was present for the Bhoomi pujan and Hawan ceremony held on 18 August, 1976 (Rakshabandhan Day). The first donation of Rs 1 lac came from M/S Bansidhar Badridas of Dibrugarh. The other donors were Sri R.C. Lohia of M/S Merinoply and Sajjan Bhajanka of Tinsukia. The first batch of Class X appeared for AISSE in 1990 while the first Class XII batch took AISSCE in 1996.
Unique Features and Best Practices
• Akhand Ram Charit Manas Path, i.e. a recitation from the Ramayan, is held from 18th to 19th November every year to commemorate the Sadhana Divas.
• Mini Marathon is held in the early hours of January 12 every year to commemorate Swami Vivekananda Jayanti.
• A range of Soft Subjects viz. Sattriya, Kathak, Tabla, Karate, Indian Classical (Vocal) Guitar, Mandolin, Art & Craft, is available to the students to choose from.
• Science Club, Information Technology Club etc. are run by students. Soft Subject Teachers’ Training is also held periodically for other schools.
• The teachers of English, Mathematics, Social Science and Hindi have Subject Council Meetings once a month and discuss ways and means to improve upon the methods of teaching.
• Through the SMS System parents and guardians are informed on urgent matters.
• Swadhaya (Study Circle) sessions are held for the teachers of Primary and Secondary Sections once a week. The teachers within their first 3 years of service and those within 3 to 7 years of service sit separately for these sessions.
• Anandalaya, Samskar Varga, Youth Camps, Personality Development Camps, Women Awareness Camps, various cultural competitions are part of regular Vidyalaya activities.
• Kumar Rachit Chandra (Class-VIII, 2001-02) and Sardar Prakash Singh (Class-XII, 2009-10) are the awardees of Aditya Birla Scholarship. The awardees are selected by a distinguished panel of judges.
• Sri Abhimanyu Das, Class-XI (2010-11) is the winner of the National Children Science Congress.
• Students of the Vidyalaya have secured admissions into prestigious educational institutes viz. Indian Institute of Technology, Indian Institute of Management, Sriram College of Commerce, New Delhi, St. Stephens College, Delhi, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad and so on.