At a Glance
||On Dhemaji – North Lakhimpur Road, about 4 km from the town of Dhemaji, Assam.
||Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Dhemaji
Dhemaji Chariali, P/O:Dhemaji
Dist- Dhemaji , PIN– 787057, Assam (INDIA)
||+91-(0)3753 - 225169
||From KG to X.
|Medium of Instruction :
|Other languages taught :
||Assamese, Hindi and Sanskrit.
||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Dhemaji
V.K.V. Dhemaji is a premier institute of the locality. The Vidyalaya imparts education with culture and nature. The Vidyalaya administration strongly believes that the total development of a child is possible only if he/she can apply his/her education to enrich the culture and is sensible to nature.
Unique Features and Best Practices
• The Vidyalaya has a meditation period once a week. Students are given opportunity to speak in the school assembly. They are also guided by the teachers.
• There are conversation classes in Primary Section to improve Spoken English.
• The school is soon going to do away with ‘Burden of school bag’ for K. G. class. It will relieve the child as he/she will be able to come to school only with his/her tiffin and learn through games in the class.
• The school turned out its first batch of Class X in 2009-10 with pass percentage 100.
• The Vidyalaya bagged the Best Costume Award in the Inter-VKV Srimanta Sankardev Natya Samaroh, 2007 organised by VKSPV in 2007.
• Kum. Madhusmita Paul, a student of Class-VIII, won the first prize in an individual dance competition at district, state and national levels.
• Su Satabdi Baruah of class Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEC) Baragolai received the 1st prize in a district level Borgeet Competition held at Ghilamara of Lakhimpur district in 2007.
• Su.Anwesha Deori of class IV won a prize in an All Assam Colouring Competition organized by ‘MOUSAK’, a popular children’s monthly of Assam.
• The Vidyalaya team comprising of Sri Pratyosh Gogoi of class VIII, Sri Ashok Kr. Gogoi of VII and Sri Trideep Chetia of Class VII secured the third place in a Quiz Competition organized by Nagakhelia Juva Mancha and Dhemaji Zila Lekhika Samaroh in 2007. Sri Pratyosh Gogoi of class VIII bagged the third prize in an Extempore Speech Competition there.
• Km. Bishakha Gogoi of class II qualified in a Talent Search Examination organized by ‘Rangmela’ & ‘Shishubani’, two popular children’s magazine and newspaper respectively, published from Jorhat, Assam.