At a Glance
||In district Dibrugarh off the Dibrugarh- Duliajan Road, about 7 km from Duliajan township, Assam.
||Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Tingrai
P/O: Duliajan, Dist- Dibrugarh
||+91-(0)373 - 2912638
||From KG to X.
|Medium of Instruction :
|Other languages taught :
||Assamese, Hindi and Sanskrit.
||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Tingrai
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Tingrai was established in the year 2002 by Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari to cater to the educational needs of Hatigarh-Balijan, Tengakhat, Duliajan and other adjoining areas of Dibrugarh district, Assam. The school is situated in the tea garden belt of Dibrugarh district.
Unique Features and Best Practices
• Situated in district interior the Vidyalaya offers a serene environment.
• The Vidyalaya maintains an eco-friendly environment as it is away from the hurly-burly of city life. Poly bags are totally prohibited in the Vidyalaya campus.
• Big trees and Tea gardens around the campus also add to the beauty of the Vidyalaya.
• Involvement of the community in the Vidyalaya programmes and its development.
• The Vidyalaya is dedicated to the development of the community. At present the Vidyalaya runs an ANANDALAYA (Centre of informal education) for the young children of the vicinity. This Anandalaya runs 5 days a week with 50 students. The Vidyalaya also provides free study materials to all the Anandalaya students.
• The most remarkable achievement of the school was the successful organization of 18th district level National Children Science Congress of Dibrugarh district on 18th September 2010. In this mega event almost 120 child scientists from various schools of the district presented their projects. Sri G. N. Tripathy, DC of Dibrugarh district, graced the inaugural programme of the Congress as the Chief Guest.