At a Glance
||In the campus of Doyang Hydro Electric Project (DHEP), NEEPCO, Doyang, Dist- Wokha, Nagaland.
||Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (Neepco) Doyang
Post Box No- 29, Dist.:Wokha,
PIN-786621. Nagaland (INDIA) (INDIA)
||+91-(0)3860 - 245022
||From KG to X.
|Medium of Instruction :
|Other languages taught :
||Assamese, Hindi and Sanskrit.
||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
|Special patronage :
||Doyang Hydro Electric Project (DHEP), NEEPCO, Doyang, Dist-Wokha, Nagaland.
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEEPCO) Doyang
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEEPCO) Doyang came into being as Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari took over Kendriya Vidyalaya Doyang in 2000 on invitation from North Eastern Electric Power Corporation (NEEPCO) and as per a Memorandum of Understanding between VK Kanyakumari and NEEPCO. The Vidyalaya is financed by North Eastern Electric Power Corporation. VKV (NEEPCO) Doyang is the second CBSE affiliated secondary school in Wokha, the district head quarters of the Lothas.
Situated in a scenic location Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEEPCO) Doyang is about 28 km. away from Wokha. The river Doyang, which flows across the valley, is also the life-line of Wokha and lends most beauty to the place. The prime feature of Doyang is that the river Doyang has on it the 75 MW Hydro-Electric Power Plant, the only power plant of the state.
• In the past ten years the students have exhibited excellence in various events like UN Information Test, Painting Competitions conducted by Bureau of Energy Conservation (Ministry of Power), Krida Mahostava, Lalit Kala Samaroha, Aryabhata Vijnan Sangosthi / Prakalpa (Science Seminar / Investigatory Science Project), Srimanta Sankaradeva Natya Samoroha (Drama Compitition), Maha Bhaskara Shastra Vijnan Pradarshini organised by VKSPV etc.
• The Vidyalaya clinched the Best School Award in Investigatory Science Project and also the award for ‘Best Topic’ selection in 2010.
• Two students of the Vidyalaya Khoni Chachei (V) and Sujhiini Chachei (IV) were selected for the National Level Painting Competition organsied by Bureau of Energy Efficiency in Delhi in December 2010.
• Kr. Yaman Kalyan Deka of class X was selected for a tabla recital in Cultural Festival held at Hyderabad in July-August 2010 which was organised by the Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT), New Delhi.
• Sri Kalyan Deka (teacher) was awarded Shilpi Prerona Bota in 2009 for his contribution in Indian Classical Music. The award was instituted by North East Niyog Sambad Guwahati.
• The school offers free coaching classes to students after regular school hours. This has been in practice since the inception of the school in 2000.
The Vidyalaya has completed ten years in 2010 and as part of its decennial celebration hosted the event titled ‘Investigatory Science Project’ from 17th to 20th November 2010. The Vidyalaya also conducted various competitions for 15 nearby schools in Wokha district to mark the occasion.
Important Visitors: Governor of Nagaland, Hon.Sri. Shyamal Dutta (16.01.04), Hon. Sri. Kiyanilie Peseye, Speaker of Legislative Assembly (23.10.09), Hon. Sri Nikil Kumar, Governor of Nagaland (24.01.10) and Dr. Zeive Heise, Principal Scientific Officer, Science and Technology Council (20.11.10) are a few VIPs who visited the Vidyalaya at different points of time.