- About Us
- VKVs under VKSPV
- Upper Assam Cluster
- Middle Assam Cluster
- Lower Assam Cluster
- Barak Valley Cluster
- Contact Us
Sponsor A Child
‘Sponsor-a-Child’ Educational Assistance Scheme
* This educational assistance scheme is meant for children hailing from economically backward families.
* This scheme aims to assist the child to continue his/her school education and prevent dropping out due to lack of funds to pay school fees.
* On an average, the educational assistance contribution per child per academic year is estimated about Rs. 8,000/- (Rupees Eight Thousand only). However, a donor can contribute an amount as per his/her capacity. The donors are requested to send contribution through Demand Draft (DD) only, in favour of Vivekananda Kendra Shiksha Prasar Vibhag, payable at TEZPUR, Assam, OR in favour of “Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari”, payable at Vivekanandapuram, Kanyakumari.
* The Administrative Office gets a clear idea from the schools for allotting scholarship under ‘Sponsor-a-Child’ Scheme only at the mid of an academic year as to whether a particular student is able to clear his/her fee dues partially/completely or not. If he/she is not able to do so, the required amount is allotted for the child from the sum contributed by the donors so that the fee dues are cleared and that the child can continue studies in the next higher class. This procedure is followed so that students remain self-reliant as far as possible in terms of paying fees and feel that they are not dependent on others. However, if a student is not yet able to pay the fees partially or fully by the mid of the academic year, the donors come to rescue them from discontinuation of their studies through this scheme.
* If any donor specifies while sending contribution that his/her financial assistance should be used only for a girl child, we allot that contribution for a deserving girl child only, otherwise the contribution is utilized for any deserving child.
* After allotment of contribution for a deserving child, the child’s details in a bio-data format along with a postcard size photograph are sent to the donor for information. The child also writes to the donor on regular basis to inform about his/her academic progress, hobbies, achievements etc.
* Vivekananda Kendra is entitled to the benefit of exemption Under Section 80-G of Income Tax Act. A copy of the income tax exemption certificate is sent to the donors along with acknowledgment receipt. Contributions can be sent to the following addresses: Vivekananda Kendra Shiksha Prasar Vibhag, Suresh Bagaria Smriti Bhavan, Near Nikamul Satra, Mahabhairav Police Outpost, TEZPUR - 784 001 (Assam, IN) Phone : +91-(0)3712-230654 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org OR Vivekananda Kendra Vivekanandapuram, Kanyakumari-629 702 (Tamil Nadu, IN) Phone : +91-(0)4652-247012 Email : email@example.com.
Donations to Vivekananda Kendra are exempted from income tax U/S 80 (G) Soliciting your generous support and help...